Tuesday, March 15, 2016

In a Scrapbooking Groove

Do you go through phases where you just cannot get enough of a certain activity?  I am currently in one of those with scrapbooking.  Maybe it's because I've moved my supplies so they're clustered in one space, or because I am keeping my supplies out in that same corner, or that there's more sunlight in the evening, or it could be that I'm using it as an escape from all things wedding related that are burning me out. ha!  No matter the reason, I have in the past week been scrapbooking non-stop. 

Last weekend Shimelle hosted a bunch of challenges and I stole a few minutes away to participate.
This challenge was to go back to an 'older' collection, Shimelle's first.  I actually did have half the paper pad and a few embellishment bits sitting around - sweet!
These photos are slightly gross out of focus ones from my phone, so the layouts look better in person, but better blogged than perfect!

This first layout is about the very first time my brother and I were in a photobooth.  I love how the looks on our faces change as we "get it."  I think everything on this layout is from the Shimelle collection, with the exception of the tiny "yay" circle, which I think was from one of my Studio Calico Project Life kits.

This next layout was a fun one because I found an old teeny print from the Oldies Dance we went to in 2013.  The whole thing is made with the Shimelle collection.  I will add journaling later, but for the purposes of sharing on Instagram, etc.  I'm going to keep personal notes private. :)
 
 
This last layout is one from my 2015 Project Life album, which I am still chugging along at.  The 6x8 pocket has more Shimelle stuff, but the rest is a mish-mash of Studio Calico and the We Are Memory Keepers Love Notes collection by Amanda Rose Zampelli.  I have been making Project Life style albums since 2012 and I really love it.  This spread is from a not-so-ordinary 7th anniversary/day we got engaged, but normally I really enjoy capturing life's smaller moments in an album.  I am usually a little bit behind, but currently the lag is epic! This layout is from July 1st.  But I have been scrapping a lot lately, so I feel like I can catch up before long. 
 
 Do you scrapbook?  Have any questions about scrapbooking or Project Life? I'll try to post more layouts again soon!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails