Sunday, February 14, 2016

Vintage Valentine Treasures


Happy Valentine's Day!
Here's a treat for you! I recently was given a box of vintage paper ephemera from a neighbour in my apartment building. (The best right!?!)
In the box were dozens of cards that spanned years in a family's life, starting in maybe the 1940's. There were wedding cards, anniversary cards, telegrams from when their baby was born, birthday greetings, and my favourite, Valentines. 

I quickly photographed them before work on Friday so you can enjoy them too.  

Jim H is a little Jerkface.
Can you even imagine a kid handing out that Valentine now? 

I also laughed pretty hard at this one.  "Dad"  
He thinks of you so much... yet he clearly didn't even sign the card.  Oh vintage father issues. Poor Jeffrey.

I don't know if Daddy deserves that 3D yarn kitten bowtie...


And Jeff had a friend named Bunny!  The best.

I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!  Which one is your favourite?  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails