1. My waffle and strawberry breakfast that Steve 'made' me.
2. Steve got me a new purse-sized camera for my birthday and it's awesome.
3. I had the day off and some birthday $ to spend, so I went to Winners. The shopping goddesses must have known it was my birthday because everything in the change room fit, except for one red dress that I really liked, haha. Never perfect. Anyway, it took me about half an hour to narrow down what I should buy, and I got this gorgeous blue coat and a new top to wear to dinner.
|Steve Madden coat came home, red dress did not.|
5. My mom kept emailing me throughout the day about what was happening 30 years ago.
I was born at 2:18 pm on Monday October 4th. 3 weeks premature, but a half hour later they were relieved to hear I was totally healthy.
6. I love getting cards in the mail :)
7. My fave food is crab, and Red Lobster is the only reasonable place in Toronto that we can find that has it, so we went for dinner there.
|New shirt and clean hands - pre-crab feast.|
9. I got free strawberry cheesecake from our very nice waiter and a hilarious round of Happy Birthday from friends, wait staff and other people in the restaurant.
10. And we closed down Red Lobster, then went to a pub.
|This photo makes me laugh.|
12. I am still enjoying my birthday flowers.
13. The next night Steve and I went to see Matt and Kim in concert. It was amazing. I have never been to such a fun, happy concert. They are the cutest band alive.
14. The power in the club went out during a song and the crowd sang the rest. *swoon. Then they played a few songs in the dark via keyboard battery and drums.
15. My birthday this year was on the same weekend as Thanksgiving, so I also got to celebrate that. I baked some ginger molasses cookies and mini pecan pies on Saturday. I had never made a pecan pie before and they turned out to be delish.
16. I spent some time in the afternoon doing DIY projects to spruce up the apartment.
17. Thanksgiving weekend also meant that for a 3rd night in a row, Steve and I were out partying. Thankful for the company of great people and 25 different food choices!
18. Yesterday I was able to sleep in and printed a ton of pictures.
19. Today I get to do whatever I want, which will involve scrapbooking all of this in my project life albums and maybe cleaning the apartment.
It's been a wonderful weekend!