Monday, September 24, 2012

Count to 30 - #13.

I'm turning 30 soon, so am writing 30 lists.  Here's #13.

Favourite Books.

1.  Matlida


2.  Life of Pi


3.  The Diary of Anne Frank


4.  To Kill a Mockingbird


5.  Persepolis


6. The Time Traveler's Wife


7.  If


8.  Any anthology of Calvin & Hobbes


9.  Your Favourite Seuss - a Dr Seuss  collection of all the best


10.  Here and Now by Sam Jones


11.  Romeo & Juliet


12.  360 Paris


13. Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes




You'll note that a lot of these are children's books or ones that I would have read in my early teen years.  That's true.  I am not sure why I can't think of any more recent favourites, but I suppose I've become more difficult to impress.  I read a lot, but often even if I did like the book, I feel like I wouldn't read it a second time.  My benchmark for favourites is that I have to at least want to reread it. 

#13 I loved so much as a kid that I stole it from my school library.  It's the only thing I've ever stolen from anywhere, and I felt terrible about it, but really wanted to read that book a million times.  If you haven't read it, it's heartbreaking and you should. 

What are your a favourite books?  I'm always looking for something new to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails