I'm turning 30 soon, so I'm writing 30 lists. Here's #12.
12 Habits and Peeves
1. I eat foods in circles. Like toast, or cookies or sandwiches. It's habit, but it does have to do with:
2. When I eat, the last bite has to be the best one. If I've got turkey, potatoes and peas on my plate I will save a bite of peas for last, because they're the best bite.
3. I also have a huge sweet tooth, so often the true last bite is dessert.
4. I always set my alarm to wake up 1 hour before I need to leave the house. It doesn't take me nearly that long to get ready, but I usually check facebook, emails and read blogs while I eat breakfast. Often I am nearly late for work because Pinterest had good things.
5. If I must use a public restroom more than once in an outing (ie 3-4 hour baseball games) I always use the same stall. It's less germy that way?
6. Sometimes when I'm bored I count things. 32 books on the bookshelf. 84 stairs to the subway station. 8 blue cars passed while I waited for the bus.
7. Nails gross me out. Seeing someone chew their fingernails is the grossest thing in the world to me.
8. I absolutely hate when dogs jump up on me. It makes me dislike dogs, truly. If my future children ever want a dog it will be a Dachshund, because they can't jump. And they're hilarious.
9. People say "Yeah, yeah, yeah" a lot lately and I find it rude and dismissive.
10. Chewing noises also gross me out. I try to chew as silently as possible in case others feel the same.
11. Improper use of there/they're/their and your/you're bug me. I have yet to call anyone out about it, but secretly inside I cringe every time.
12. I have to double check my purse contents after I've left home. Even if I just packed everything in the bag, I need to confirm that I do have my keys, wallet and phone.
How about you? What are your quirks, habits or peeves?