Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fashion Photography School - Part 2

The first half of my assignments are here.

For the next assignment, each group had to style and photograph a look together.
I don't know if you've ever had to have 3 stylists/photographers agree on one look, but it's not great.  Our group was going for an actress backstage kind of look.  I brought the hat (I'm no stylist) and we tried to put something together based on that.  In the end, I think it wasn't something that 2 out of 3 of us were happy with, and the set too. Oh well.
I've put my before and after shots together.   One out of the camera and one after I edited, smoothing hair and getting some of the black back that was stolen by the lens flare. 
I was frustrated with the clutter in the shot, and eventually changed the light and direction and shot this. 
I was much happier with this look.  Again, the shot out of camera and the one after I got rid of the fuzzball behind her head. 

The other groups made their own looks and shot them around the studio too, the rest of the class could snap a few frames if they wanted.  I loved this 'dress' from Zara that one group used. 

And the last group had everyone crammed into the ladies room. 
This was my fave one to sneak shot of, I liked the vibe they had. 
And after the group was done, I stole the model for a second because they didn't use the great light near the mirrors.  
There you have it! My short semester shortened into 2 posts.
Have a great weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Ouuu ahh, I feel like this'd be a lot of work but so much fun to do! I loooove that last shot, great eye on the lighting ;)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good instincts on the last picture - the lights are cool indeed.

    I think we need to have some photo fun when Sheri and I are in Toronto, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool pics! love the last one a lot x

    http://cottonmixblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails