As it approaches it seems less daunting, but 30 was always the number that screamed adult. I should have accomplished all kinds of responsible things by now - career, family, mortgage & retirement savings portfolio wise... I guess I'm a little late. It's a good thing it's not a race.
However, there are a few things that I'd like to accomplish in the next 3 months before my birthday.
- Plan how to celebrate my birthday. A trip or great party would
soften any 'getting old' blow. Toronto party location suggestions
- Beautify our apartment. Tidy things, finish hanging frames and
curtains, purge all unneeded stuff. Maybe even rearrange furniture or
- Get in better shape. I'm so happy that the pool is open in our building from now until the Sept long weekend. I'm going to take full advantage. (I'm 3 for 4 days so far.)
- Get into a routine with my Etsy shop. As in creating things for it, listing them, advertising and drumming up some business. It would be amazing to have it be a steady source of income.
- Find a new job. With the photographers I currently assist, I don't work enough for my liking and I'm not learning much from them anymore. Need a new boss or scene.
- Take more pictures. Of life, of random things, of my family and friends - and not with my cell phone, as convenient as it is to carry.
- Just for kicks - getting to 200 blog readers would be fun too.
The best part about any birthday - eating cake!