1. Today I'm flying to my hometown for a week.
2. In the middle of said week, my family will be driving to Bayfield, Wisconsin for my aunt's wedding. There will be an old little chapel, a river boat cruise, and camping.
3. Steve and I have never (in our 4 years) been camping together.
4. I dislike sleeping in tents. Mostly because the sun will wake me up at some obscene hour and I won't be able to fall back asleep. I will be the one wearing an eyemask while camping, like a diva, in
the hopes of sparing everyone the drama of a sleepless diva.
5. I will get to see all kinds of family members I haven't seen in a long time. I'm especially excited to see my cousin Jocelyn from France. She's gotten engaged since I saw her last.
6. I have been working hard lately making my aunt's wedding gift. I won't spoil the surprise here, just in case, so look for a DIY post in a couple of weeks.
7. I will also share loads of pics later - I'm the wedding photographer. I wish packing camera gear was lighter, and that I could trust checked luggage for even a piece of it. If you're in the Toronto airport today, I'm the one being crushed by the weight of her own backpack.
8. On the plane ride I'll finish reading Lullabies for Little Criminals. I am really enjoying the book so far, but wish I could save any children that have that as a life.
9. One of my favourite things about road-trips to the US is getting parcels shipped to a store that's on the US/Canadian border. It means I can buy from shops that don't ship to Canada, and the shipping fees are much cheaper. I bought some shoes and scrapbooking supplies. I forgot to buy film from the Impossible Project, and don't think it will ship in time now. Phooey.
10. What does one wear to a summer wedding in a chapel/on a river boat/near a campfire? I'll show you when I get back.
Have a great week, and maybe I'll have time to sneak in a post.
Do you have any summer vacation plans? When was the last time you went camping?