Wednesday, October 5, 2011

new age. new haircut.


Hello hello.
I hope your Wednesday is going well.
I had a very nice day yesterday, my 29th (gulp!) birthday.
I had the day off, so I started it out by reading lovely facebook messages from friends.  Perfect start.
 And the sun was out and warm.  Amazing.
Then I went and got my haircut.  I went for the big change-up, because for some reason I do that on my birthday regularly...(sometimes not by choice)
Voila.  My new hair - a classic bob with fringe. 
I am not sure how I feel about the bangs, they're taking some time to grow on me.  *bad pun - groan.

After the haircut I met up with Cindy for a chocolate milk :) and then met Steve for dinner.
Torontonians - don't be fooled by "Big Daddy's Crabshack & Oyster Bar"  - they didn't actually have crab.  Which is my fave.  I did get crabcakes, and the rest of the food was good, but really - I would have gone to Red Lobster.   At least I got crème brûlée.
I got spoiled with birthday gifts!
My mom, bro & sis got me the JoTotes Betsy camera bag, which is great, and the perfect size. 
And among other pretty things (for one the t-shirt I'm wearing)
Tegan and Sara : The Con
 Steve spoiled me with records.
Radiohead : In Rainbows
Architecture in Helsinki : Moment Bends
 
The first two are older favourite albums of mine, and the third one is new, I've never heard it before, but love the band.

A solid birthday all around.  
When is your birthday?  Any fellow Libras reading?

See you soon with some photos, baking and a fall craft!
~mel






4 comments:

  1. The hair looks awesome!

    Looks like you did pretty damn well this year. Very cool bag! And hey, you finally got that Tegan and Sara record. Good ol' Steve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday +2 days! And I am enjoying your new sassy hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute hairstyle! Loving the way it looks :)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) birthday Melanie! I love the new hairstyle, the bangs look great!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails