Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another good-bye.

I am not happy to have 2 of the last 3 posts be about loss.   However, my grandpa, or Papa, as we called him, passed away yesterday.  He lived over 25 years with Parkinson's disease, and beat cancer in the 90's, but now was his time to go.  

I grew up across the street.  He taught me so many things, but most of all, the things he never said.  Living quietly, with a grin on his face, not complaining about his circumstances as the disease slowly took away nearly everything.   Truly a great, strong man and one of the greatest influences in my life.


I'm flying back to my hometown to be with my family.
Be back to the blog when my mind is clearer. 

7 comments:

  1. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Mel. I'm here if you need anything at all. And give my best to your family.

    Great pictures. He seems like he was a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for you and your family at a time like this, I really am sorry to hear about your loss & send you many virtual hugs!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Mel!!! I am so sorry and wish you peace during all of this loss ~
    Sending you a giant hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your losses. I can totally see the family resemblance. What a handsome guy your grandfather was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks friends, I appreciate the love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you mel - take time to share new memories with your family and remember all of those amazing ones you had of your papa :) sending lots of hugs your way

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so so sorry for you loss, Mel. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful man and he was handsome too! Those photos show so much personality!
    Thinking of you in this difficult time & sending love and prayers your way. xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails