Thursday, September 25, 2014

Over a year later...

Let's not dwell on apologizes for not blogging in over a year.  Sorry.

Ok that's out of the way. 
I'm back.


The past year has been an interesting one while also featuring a lot of the 'same old.'

A big reason for  my time away has been that I feel I've outgrown the blog.  "Smilesfrommel" seems to type-cast me (in my own head) in a way.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about renaming, switching to Wordpress and starting fresh.  But then comes the task of deciding on a new name and branding and committing to an idea.  Which I have done, a couple of times, with no domain option available.  Pffft.
 
I can blame my absence on lack of time, the rise of Pinterest, the release of Instagram for Android, etc. etc.  But they're not special enough to keep me away any longer. 

The fact is, I miss blogging.  I miss the league of like-minded crafty/domestic/photographic goddesses in the blogging community.  I miss writing. And sharing more than a snapshot at a time.

I have a notepad full of ideas for new posts, a bit more time to spend creating them and more motivation to blog than I've had in years. 

Boy do I have a lot of photos to show you too.
More soon, (and I do mean tomorrow)
Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails