Saturday, November 26, 2011

Childhood Christmas Memories

I've been busy crafting like Santa's workshop around here. 
And I can't show it off, in case the gift getters happen to stop by.  Will have to show you in the new year :)
For now though, here are some photos of Christmases long gone.
Painting the windows of our house was an awesome decoration tradition.   It's just tempera paint, which you can easily wash off after the holidays. 

Evidently I cover my mouth and gasp when I get a gift I like. 

 I remember this cardboard house being the best thing ever.  The windows and doors opened and my name was written on the door and everything.  lol.

I was cool with my Papa dressed up as Santa (with shades as a disguise from the older kids!) but strange Santas at the mall could not be trusted.

 
Hiking in the snow to get our tree and then decorating it at home with all of our handmade ornaments was so much fun.  We would take turns every year with who could put the star on top. 

The big exciting tradition was always seeing all my family at my Mama and Papa's house on Christmas Eve.  I think it's a French tradition to celebrate late on Christmas Eve.   We would meet around 10pm, Santa would come around midnight.  We'd open and exchange gifts and then eat our giant meal, turkey and all, in the wee hours of the morning. 

Proof that I've never been a night owl and turkey makes me even more sleepy.

What made Christmas magical for you as a kid?

2 comments:

  1. So, adorable. I loved how you gasped and covered your mouth! :)
    Painting the window is such a good idea!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with valuable info to work
    on. You have done a formidable activity and our whole group shall be thankful to you.
    Feel free to surf my blog post naprawa belki

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails